Monday, March 8, 2010

'Claypot' Chicky Rice with Kau Kee Choy

It’s the unusual H.O.T lazy Sunday; I cooked ‘Claypot’ Chicken Rice (Rice Cooker version). Normally, I’ll cook extra portion on Sunday so that I can pack my lunch for work next day. Well, not forgetting my guinea pigs in the office hahaaa. 

Marinated the diced chicken thigh & sliced dried mushrooms with oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, corn starch, egg and a small teaspoon on chopped garlic. Cook the rice with half of the water that you usually put. When the water boils, add in the marinated mushrooms and chicken. As & when, stir it so that it’ll be evenly cooked. While cooking, diced Chinese sausages & grilled them over a non-stick pan, no oil. Garnish it when you serve the rice.

You can co-serve with stir fry vegetable or some simple soup. I’ve cravings for ‘Kau Kee Choy’ (matrimony vine leaves) soup. You just need to boil it with pork & egg with adequate seasoning.. viola ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment