Sunday, February 21, 2010

Peanut & Lotus Root Soup

My all time favourite soup!!! I got addicted from Johnson’s Duck Stall. Their Peanut & Lotus Root Soup is the best (not inclusive of home-cooked version)!!

Boil spare ribs, chicken feet, dried cuttlefish, “Toa Tou Chai”, lotus root and occasionally pig’s tail (high cholesterol). Boil the peanuts separately to get rid of the “mud” or dirt first. Rinse the peanuts before putting into the pot of soup and continue boiling over medium fire.

Serve it hot!! The Cantonese style !!

4 comments:

  1. I bet WS will hunger for this :) same goes to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahha kor.. rest assured u'll be well fed for 3 whole days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ying, I miss your cooking. -SM

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious, too bad WS wasn't here to taste it hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete