Monday, February 22, 2010

Pork Poridge - Canto Style

Cantonese porridge is cooked till mushy and you cannot see the grains of rice. Usually, Mum will add dried seafood like scallops & oysters to flavour the porridge. For me, I’ll top it up with colourful vegetable (i.e. diced carrots) to enhance the presentation this dish. I’ll also add bright fresh vegetable (i.e. spring onions, Chinese lettuce) to make the dull coloured porridge looks more tempting. As for the ingredients, you can use any meat or even the clearing-the-fridge stuffs. Today, I used minced pork and sliced meatball. I would prefer to season it with chicken cube instead of salt; it just tastes better =P

I’m cooking for PJ today, he is sick & will be staying home for a week. So I cooked a big pot of porridge so that he can have it for lunch tomorrow. Hope he will get well soon and go back to work. Everyone in the office is worried that I might get infected as well, super shorthanded since CNY LOLS..

1 comment:

  1. my fav!! my fav!! good ol days man - keith

    ReplyDelete